Case Study: Adobe Systems – Maternity Leave
Communicating Maternity Leave Benefits— It No Longer Takes a Village
Adobe wanted to streamline its Maternity Leave education and provide a more timely and efficient way to inform soon-to-be parents.
- “GuideSpark made Maternity Leave education fast, convenient and valuable for our employees….the solution has the benefit of saving significant HR team hours.”
- - Teresa Tracy
Manager, Global Benefits and Wellness
Communicating Maternity Leave Benefits More Effectively and Efficiently
Adobe employees were spending a significant amount of time using online documents to educate themselves on the company’s Maternity Leave benefits. To help them, the company established periodic live workshops focused on the topic. Yet, even with devoted HR staff to lead the workshops, HR was still being inundated with support requests.
“We needed a timely and efficient way to guide soon-to-be parents and help them with their questions,” said Teresa Tracy, Manager of Global Benefits and Wellness.
The Adobe challenge:
- Provide efficient and effective means for employees to get information about complex Maternity Leave benefits
- Optimize HR staff time
- Provide on-demand access to rich video information
- Offer a consistent experience to locations throughout the U.S.
GuideSpark Maternity Leave Module
Leveraging Adobe’s Family & Medical Leave Policy documents, pregnancy leave guidelines, workshop presentations, checklists and other materials, GuideSpark created a simple and engaging Maternity Leave video solution customized to Adobe’s specific program.
“GuideSpark made Maternity Leave education fast, convenient and valuable for our employees. The multimedia experience is engaging and is available on demand. Employees no longer need to wait for the next workshop. Additionally, the solution has the added value of saving significant HR team hours,” said Tracy.
The components of the Adobe solution included:
- Four-Part Maternity Leave Video Series — To deliver a great online experience, GuideSpark created a four-part series, allowing busy employees to more easily access and find information. These videos include:
- A Maternity Leave Overview
- Initiating Your Maternity Leave of Absence
- Determining the Length of Your Leave
- Benefits and Compensation While on Leave
- Dedicated Maternity Leave Module — This dedicated module offers all video content and easy access to important documents and links, all on a single web page.
- Centralized Adobe Benefits Library — The Maternity Leave Module was added to Adobe’s existing GuideSpark Benefits Communications site. This centralized library makes it easy for employees to have access to information on all benefits and programs, including those that may be relevant to Maternity Leave planning (e.g. Disability Benefits).
Waiting for the Baby, Not for the Information
With the GuideSpark solution in place, Adobe was able to provide a better service for employees while saving HR time and resources. Adobe has seen the following efficiencies:
- Make information accessible to employees immediately and privately, without having to wait for a scheduled seminar
- Reduce the number of Maternity Leave support calls with a more effective self-service solution
- Shorten the length of Maternity Leave support calls by referring employees to a video solution
- Optimize HR time and resources
Adobe Systems has been named to the FORTUNE 100 Best Places to Work list 12 times. Headquartered in San Jose, California, Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. The company helps customers create, deliver, and optimize compelling content and applications—improving the impact of a customer’s communications, enhancing their brands and productivity, and ultimately bringing them greater business success. Together with their customers, Adobe is turning ordinary interactions into more valuable digital experiences every day, across media and devices, anywhere, anytime.